Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

My Rainbow

"Rainbow Babies" is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope.

Such a beautiful definition of how I feel. This pregnancy has brought me so much love, healing, light and hope. There was a time that I thought the hole left by Robbie could never heal, that I would be broken forever. I will always miss her, want her, love her. I believe with all of my heart that she has sent me her sister to help me go on.

I cry out of pure joy and happiness... the hole has been filled. I don't ache the way I once did. It is such a blessing to love like this after loss. My Robbie girl will always be my first daughter and my hero and forever in her mommy's heart and mind. Thank you baby girl for all that you have done for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment